Saint Miriam School, A Franciscan Preschool and Kindergarten is inclusive and welcoming coeducational private schools committed to passionate and relevant teaching and the formation of the authentic person in a Christian environment. We welcome families of all religions, backgrounds and ethnicities and see the inherent dignity of all faiths. We see every person as a child of God and our mission is to educate the mind, body and soul. In partnership with family and community, the faculty strives to promote basic Christian values like caring and friendship. In today’s world, we are all hurting and in need of a non-exclusive place that offers unconditional love and hope, where everyone can grow and flourish. In our schools you will discover a safe and inclusive community where you are free to be yourself and ask questions. It matters not to us where you come from; here is a place where you belong, a place you will call home!
We as a Christian educational community believe:
- Together we should unashamedly engage in questions about God and spirituality in order to discover who God is in our personal lives.
- That unanswered questions are not dangerous but noble and worthy and help us to grow and learn.
- Everyone should be helped to discover, define, and develop his/her God given gifts.
- Every child has unique talents and gifts that should be fostered and encouraged.
- Learning and growth can only happen in a warm caring environment free from prejudice, bigotry, and hate.
- All students achieve their maximum potential in a school that recognizes, values, and accommodates their unique abilities and interests in academics as well as extracurricular activities.
- Holistic education develops the person—spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially, and physically.
- Education is the responsibility shared by the family, the student, the school, and the community.
- Education fosters responsible citizenship, leadership, and social conscience.
- Innovative, technologically-rich, as well as traditional instructional strategies, maximize the potential academic growth of each student.
- Everyone should be embraced and loved through their moments of turmoil.
- Interaction with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures teaches acceptance of and appreciation for others.
- Respect economic, ethnic, cultural, and religious diversity.
- Everyone should demonstrate a positive sense of self and a life-long commitment to personal growth.
Saint Miriam School, A Franciscan Preschool and Kindergarten admits students of any race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender status, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at our school. The same policies apply to the school staff, educators, and parents and/or guardians of our student population. Saint Miriam School, A Franciscan Preschool and Kindergarten at Saint Miriam does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender status, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, its admission policies, scholarship and loan programs and athletic or any other school administered program(s).