At Saint Miriam School we love our infants!
From tummy time to rolling over, sitting up, pulling up, crawling, balancing and eventually WALKING!!! Our infants have so many milestones they accomplish in such a short period of time! Our infant teacher interacts with the children throughout the day which promotes security and a sense of respect. Our teachers along with the parents rejoice in the children’s meeting of their milestones.
With a curriculum-driven Infant program, you will notice the concentration on important developments such as gross motor (ie. tummy time), cognitive (ie. object permanence), fine motor (ie. reaching towards toys and other classroom objects), social/emotional (ie. expressing feelings through early language), self-identity and language skills (ie. personal and individualized communication using names). They will be encouraged to explore their world with hands-on activities. Language is very important and crucial as your child learns the early stages of speaking. We encourage children to babble and coo by singing songs and promote vocabulary growth and development by conversing about what they are doing, their environment and initiating small talk with other children and teachers.
Our classroom follows a 1:5 teacher/student ratio. Your little one will enjoy a warm and nurturing environment with experienced caregivers. He or she will be greeted each day by loving teachers ready to help them thrive and grow with conversations rich in vocabulary. Our infant teachers work together to ensure every child receives care that will nurture your child and support their social/emotional development. We strive to make your child feel welcomed by creating a positive emotional bond, making them comfortable and happy while in our care.
Our main goal with our families is to build a trusting relationship that will support the growth and development of your child to help them reach important milestones. We happily encourage open communication with all of our families! Parents will receive pictures and videos throughout the day through an App. This is where you will receive your child’s daily report on feeding times, nap time, diaper changes and any activities for that day. Infant parents are always welcome to call throughout the day to check in, as needed.
Infant Checklist on What to Bring!
- Label All Items
- Label and Date all Bottles and Food
- One full pack of diapers (30 diapers or more per week)
- Two boxes of Wipes or more
- Diaper Cream (if needed)
- Three Extra Sets of Clothing – don’t forget the socks! (seasonally appropriate)
- Baby Food and Snacks in a non-glass container
- Pre-Made Bottles (enough according to your child’s schedule plus 1 extra as a backup)
- Sippy Cup Filled with Water
- Pacifiers/Binky (if needed)
- Two Crib Sheets
- Spoons, Forks, Bowls, etc.
- Family Photo
Infant Daily Schedule
Infant schedules are flexible and adjusted per the parents’ request. This daily schedule is designed to enrich the infant’s developmental skills and prepare them to move on to the next stage of development. We ask that each parent provides a daily schedule for their child and include information like feeding and napping schedule, any health conditions, likes and dislikes and favorite songs and/or books.
Daily Schedule for Infants:
- 8:00-9:00 – Breakfast/Bottles and Diaper Changes for Early Drop Off
- 9:00-10:30 – Welcome … Morning welcome activity and Playtime*
- 10:30-11:00 – Morning Snack/Bottles as needed
- 11:00-12:00 – Morning Naps as needed and/or Playtime*
- 12:00-1:00 – Lunch/Bottles and Diaper changes
- 1:00-3:00 – Afternoon Naps as needed and/or Playtime*
- 3:00 – Standard Pick-Up Lunch – Bottles
- 3:00-5:30 – Extended Day – Playtime